Followers

WELCOME

Welcome to the Order of the Opus Gluei!!!

New challenges every two weeks and open to YOUR interpretation - all art forms are welcome!

Come and play with us!

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Challenge #39 - Bubble Up Baby

Monday, January 25, 2010, is Bubble Wrap Appreciation Day! I know, aren't you glad we tell you this so you can beat the crowds to get your party supplies and nibblies? We just hate when it falls on a weekday though....



Yep, there is a site for this auspicious event and a lot more to bubble wrap than meets the eyes or the ears for that matter. Follow this link and get free bubble wrap (5 ft worth)!!! (free except they make you pay for shipping, but hey, you know that still isn't too bad)



(You'll also learn more about bubble wrap than you'd ever want to know but it's kind of cool
Hey, I've always said I am a nerd - I watch those How Its Made shows too)




So, our challenge is to use bubble wrap in your creation OR



to simulate bubble wrap in your creation!






It's just that simple, let's see what bubbles up in your imagination!


Champagne bubbles, bath bubbles, soap bubbles in the sky, bubblegum


and so on, you get the picture





{{{{{{{{{*}}}}}}}}}


Rosemary here:





I took the challenge literally and used a piece of bubble wrap (I've got loads still around from the move) to stamp a background on glossy cardstock using a Sunshine Yellow Adirondack Acrylic Paint Dabber applied with a brayer to the bubble wrap. Be prepared to try this out first on some scrap paper until you get the cover you want. When I lifted the bubble wrap I thought, hmmmm...that kind of makes me think of a honeycomb, and I have a bee stamp so voila!

I then used a Stampers Anonymous bee stamp and Vintage Photo Distress ink to stamp once the background dried. It looked a wee bit too bright and so a little more Vintage Photo ink was dabbed around to sufficiently age the image to my liking. The background of the card is Copper Glimmer Mist over a swirly stencil and then some KI Memories Garden Solid ribbon (self-adhesive, gotta love that) was the last bit along with a sentiment. This one is going to be an encouragement to my husband who has been working so hard and traveling a lot lately. He adds so much sweetness to my life! Have to make sure he realizes that!

{{{{{{{{*}}}}}}}}




Jana here: I made a set of Thank You cards that I stamped with dots that remind me of the regular/irregular pattern of bubble wrap.

(Rosemary here - see? Look how cool faux bubble wrap is? I love these cards)
















You can get details on my blog here.



That's a WRAP for us (groan, sorry) - Now, let's see

what YOU create!

2 comments:

Kristen H said...

http://kardsandklay.blogspot.com/2010/01/new-digi-and-new-technique.html

Here is my card. Sorry for the lazy link. I am in a SAD mood. So THERE! I hope you like my card, and go grab my free digi today!!!

Chat Noir said...

Somehow I'm a day out!! Anyway, here's my bubble thingy!!

http://blackcatsmiaow.blogspot.com/2010/01/bubble-up-baby-opus-gluei-39.html