Followers

WELCOME

Welcome to the Order of the Opus Gluei!!!

New challenges every two weeks and open to YOUR interpretation - all art forms are welcome!

Come and play with us!

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Challenge #32 - Hey Hey Good Looking - What Ya Got Cooking?

Our theme this week plays upon the idea of cooking; here in the U.S. we're getting closer and closer to Thanksgiving, in which we share our thanks for the blessings we have received and spend time with those near and dear to us with delicious food - often, this has deep significance to us as family favorites or new traditions. Then there is Hanukkah and Christmas, holidays that are often celebrated with traditional foods reminiscent of our religious and cultural heritages. But the common theme is that we often express ourselves in our foods.


So, this week you have a lot of leeway in considering how to fulfill this theme and your only limitations are those you impose on yourself. Do you use food motifs on your cards? Do you enjoy cooking for family and what do you like to make? Just a few ideas to throw out there!




Rosemary here:


I have two options to share with you on my approach to this theme:



The first is a simple card. The checked paper makes me think of a tablecloth and the circles for the center are reminiscent of a diner plate. So, here's one sassy take.


The other take I have is this link to my personal blog where I talk about food and Thanksgiving. I am hosting Thanksgiving for the first time in years (although I've cooked at all the interim ones) and I'm excited but a bit behind the eight ball when it comes to being prepared! Oh well, it will all work out!


Jana here:

I took a bit of a different approach. I journaled about cooking in an album I am creating which is all about ME. I took an online class where we were to document ourselves using the alphabet. Sounds really silly. And to some it might be. But to me it was difficult to seperate my likes/desires/habits from those of my family. It seems as though most of my time is spent taking care of others and catering to those others' needs/wants. I am still working on finishing this project. My goal is before the end of the year. Sort of like a Christmas gift to myself. (Click on the photo to see what I wrote.)




So, let's see what YOU cook up!





Here's who accepted the Tom the Turkey challenge last week!





Divya Rao submitted this really great card for the challenge - she made Tom look so darn cute! I love a tall card and the image lends itself so well to different formats! This is a fun card!













We also received another absolutely adorable card from Jess - check out the googley eyes on Tom and the beautiful coloring on his lovely feathers! Also notice how she used Tom's hat! She has a great eye for composition on her cards doesn't she?







Our buddy Electra used Tom to remind us to have an attitude of gratitude for our blessings. He looks very resplendent in his feathers and T is for Thankful!













and last, but certainly not least, a card from our benefactress of this adorable image - Miss Kristen and her take on Tom in card form - fun, fresh, and just a little sassy. That's our Kristen as well!





So, take a break and take on our challenge - we'd love to see what you make of it!

8 comments:

Divya Rao said...

Great projects with Tom :)

Kristen H said...

Thanks everyone for playing with Tom! It is so nice to see what you all did with him. Great job everyone, too! I am impressed, and it feels good to have my image played with!!!

1CardCreator said...

Great job on the Tom images! They all look so cute! ~Diane

Terry @ Krazy's Place said...

Fun projects with Tom and for cooking. Because I was so very far behind last week. My card this week covers both Tom and cooking 8) Hope you like it. Here's my card

Divya said...

Here's my take on the current challenge...

http://creadivya.blogspot.com/2009/11/yummy-cards.html

Jessica G. said...

Fun Tom projects -- awesome variety of creations!

Here's my version of what's cooking:

http://jessobsession.blogspot.com/2009/11/whats-cooking.html

Can you tell I'm not much of a cook? Maybe Rosemary can offer some Thanksgiving tips!

Kristen H said...

Here is my recipe! Thanks for a fun challenge, better late than never!

Electra said...

I eat better than I cook. HOWEVER, my daughter was my inspiration this week. All the Tom submissions make me want turkey. So I went out and got some fried chicken. It's close!
Here's what I cam up with here